R3 - I'm guessing it's too late but please consider adding another row of buttons

To replace the color buttons the R2 has and also for folks to use as custom buttons. Just another row of 4 at the bottom. Maybe even half or a third height.

They did add another row in R3, but then took some other buttons away (the colored ones). Gotta be specific, I guess :).

They added another row to the R3, but it has fewer buttons (one less?). Each row now has 4 buttons instead of 5. I still want an additional half-height row with 4 buttons for the 4 colors or other custom commands.

I know it’s unlikely, but I like having extra buttons that can perform simple tasks regardless of what is on the screen or which device I’m using.

Alternatively, they could just put the 4 color dots back around the D-pad. It’s not great, but it’s better than nothing.

They’ve already said they’re not going to, so it’s a moot point.

I have not seen that and it never hurts to try and let them know what you want.

Would not be too hard to make an alternate D-pad.

[…] Any change like that involves new molds, verification, redesigning the PCB, verification, redesigning the backlight, verification, adjusting the machning process for the aluminium and then check samples. This would add a minimum of 3 months to the project timeline. We’ve already paid for molds and preparing for certification. […]

I’m sure they could swap the d-pad in less than 3 months.