Physical Buttons

I’m creating an integration to control my Virgin Media TiVo. However, when I assign a media player action to a physical button it doesn’t work - no event is seen by the integration. However, if I add the same action to a soft button on the touch screen it works fine.

I have tried restarting the activity just in case that was a problem, but that doesn’t seem to be the case.

I have mapped an action from the Android TV integration to a physical button, and that works.

Is there anything special that I need to do in my integration to allow physical buttons to be used?

I may have narrowed this down a little more. If I create a button entity in my integration and map that to a physical button - it works.

Any action from a media player entity from my integration does not seem to work when mapped to a physical button, but does when it is mapped to a button on the touch screen.

Same here. I’ve noticed that mapping scripts to the Home and Power buttons seems to work. Mapping scripts to the others does not.

I removed all of the button associations, added the MediaPlayerEntity to the activity, and then re-associated my scripts with the physical buttons, and now everything works as expected (no extra button entities required).