Kickstarter campaign for Remote 3 launches tomorrow

My main issue is my remote 2 is unusable as it is without third party support. I cannot use IR with my setup. As a single example, I have 5 Onkyo AVRs all in a rack together, in my basement. IP control is the only reliable way to control all of that.

Without onboard community integrations, along with those actual integrations, the remote, which was sold as a universal remote and not that it required a specific method of control (IR) or HomeAssistant to work, is useless.

The fact they want us to spend more money on another product that still likely won’t work out of the box, as is, kind of baffles me. I’m assuming by the time remote three is delivered to backers, there still will not be official support by Unfolded Circle of IP control for a massive TV manufacturer and decent sized receiver manufacturer. (LG & Onkyo/Pioneer)

I expected more, the “eh” rewards were just salt in the wound. It’s everything together, not one single issue. And I do know there are workarounds, it’s just frustrating.

1 Like

@Sturgis

https://www.amazon.de/Infrarot-Fernbedienung-Fernbedienung-Verstecktes-Verstärker-Kabel-Box-Stereo-Receiver/dp/B01HAV9JCQ

1 Like

@eriwan1

Ahhh da ist das ja, danke Dir.
Derzeit bei Amazon.de nicht verfĂźgbar, deshalb hatte ich das wohl nicht gefunden.

Ah, there it is, thank you.
Currently not available on Amazon.de, that’s probably why I couldn’t find it.

https://amzn.eu/d/074WKlYn

1 Like

@marton : is the mail with the discount offer for R2 owners sent? I didn’t see it, also not in my spam folder…

EDIT: found it!

If you’re using Gmail, check your Promotions folder. I finally found mine there and not in my Inbox. Gmail really sucks sometimes.

1 Like

I found it in my ISP’s spam folder…

Given that it was 18 months ago I’d initially registered, and had received nothing since until this campaign announcement, it would be good to ensure that nothing has fallen off your records, simply given the timeframe.