IR Remote Learning Challenges

For devices without specific integrations, I have been able to learn the IR codes directly from some of my remotes but not others. I don’t understand why some remotes can be learned without difficulty while others cannot.

For example, I was unable to learn the IR codes from an old Velodyne Digital Drive subwoofer remote and a new HiFi Rose RS130 transport. For the Velodyne, I found the Pronto code set, manually uploaded it, and it worked as expected. HiFi Rose does not publish the IR code set for their remote.

I was able to successfully learn codes from a couple of PS Audio remotes. So I know I am able to go through the learning process correctly.

BTW, I was able to learn the codes of both remotes with an old Sofabaton remote. So I don’t know why the UC R3 docks are not able to learn the codes for the two aforementioned remotes.

The remote currently can only learn specific ir protocols. UC has a support article with trouble shooting tips: https://support.unfoldedcircle.com/hc/en-us/articles/24808755980188-Supported-infrared-protocols
The latest Dock firmware already supports raw learning and sending ir data. This should make it possible to learn and send all ir codes. The remote firmware still needs this feature to be implemented.