Hi,
For some reason the Android TV integration doesn’t populate the list with Paramount+, while any other streaming app appears. Gemini is not able to tell me the manual call string for it (region germany). Does anyone have an idea?
Hi,
For some reason the Android TV integration doesn’t populate the list with Paramount+, while any other streaming app appears. Gemini is not able to tell me the manual call string for it (region germany). Does anyone have an idea?
I am not sure if Paramount+ was in the list at all. Did you try to enter Paramount+ in the source list? Try to add the ADB integration and pair it with your device. If it is paired add the entities to your activity. It has a select entity which shows a list of installed Apps. Most Apps can be started with this select. There is also an input/source command which works similar to Android or Apple TV which offers a populated list so the app could be started with a GUI widget.
Ralf
To enter it in the list I would need to know the exact string. And I’m not sure how to find out the specific value and syntax. I guess something with APP: or market: plus something specific for the streaming app I want to call. This kind of hints I’m looking for.
Use the select entity to test it works without knowing the package name. I just tested it successfully. There is also the command “option wählen” which gives you a list of installed Apps.
Ralf
Sorry, now you lost me. Which select entity and how it may bring me closer to the solution? Could describe it a little more detailed?
You must have installed and paired the ADB integration. You must add the entity “App List” to your activity then you can add it to your GUI. This is the select entity I mentioned. This is for a test but you can also direct start with " Option wählen" there you can select Paramount+ as parameters.
Ralf
So I found out at least the proper package name. It’s com.cbs.ca. now I guess it’s about to create the call string. I tried
market://launch?id=com.cbs.ca
APP:com.cbs.ca
com.cbs.ca
ACT:com.cbs.ca/com.cbs.app.view.activity.SplashActivity
Guess what? Nothing works. Not the slightest reaction. Even no error message…
Do you read answers? I tested “option wählen” of the ADB integration with Paramount+ here in Germany and it works. Entity App list also started Paramount+
Ralf
You’re right! Works perfectly fine, thank you so much!