Happy user, no problems!

Looking at this forum I sometimes get the feeling that we need some positivity too!

I have basically no problems. I used to have a automated reboot via HA but even that is disabled (i think) nearly a month ago.

I’m using R2 hours daily with all my equipment, have not touched Harmony Elite once since November. And I’m quite happy user, only occasional annoyance is the battery-life but that’s really no issue either since one of my two docks is on my coffee-table in front of sofa.

And I do have devices across my activities:

IR-remotes:

• Marantz SR7015
  • Netgem N7900 Digibox (Finnish Elisa’s TV-box)
  • miniDSP 2x4HD
  • Sony Bravia A80 TV

IP-integrations:

• Marantz SR7015 (Denon integration)
  • Nvidia Shield (Android integration)
  • Roon (Roon integration)

Via Home Assistant:

• Philips HUE

Via Home Assistant / Masterlink Gateway

• Bang & Olufsen Beosound 9000 MkIII

Any other happy users? BIG thanks to Unfolded-team for this product!

4 Likes

Its definitely not perfect but consider me happy as well :slight_smile:
I’m using it as my daily driver and never looked back to my old harmony 950 with its horrendous input lag and screen from the 90s.

I agree, so positivity is needed.

Can you share the details (specifics and as much detail as you can to help others) of how you were able to get your system up and running. For example, How did you input your IR - remotes codes (again, details, please), insights, tips and tricks, what did you learn that could be helpful. Was it simply for you, did you get everything up and running in one sitting with no issues or was it a bit of trial and error, if so, what did you learn?

@TeroS you seem to have unique skills that could help us all. Thanks in advance.

I got mine quite early so there was very little community help available so a lot of trial and error involved. Took some time to understand the logic behind R2.

That said, there is a great document floating around today, that should be preserved and in my opinion should be stickied here.

My setup has no special stuff, the Masterlink Gateway for B&O arrived yesterday and that is now up and running so control of Beosound is now also finally done without Harmony. This may be the only “special” thing I have. Everything else is IP- or IR-integrations.

People seem to have issues with home-buttons and so on, I don’t simply because as an example in AndroidTV-integration (Shield) I simply use “Back”-button. I also don’t have issues with several Androids since I use one of them (SHield again), TV also has AndroidTV but that is just a monitor and very rarely used, that is controlled with IR with no issues.

I do see one issue with the way UnfoldedCircle operates to support users, the information is scattered around in too many places. We have these forums, Discord and Github. Support and support-discussion should be concentrated on one place, what it is I’ll leave up to UC to decide.

But still, I’m very happy with my R2 :slight_smile: