Dock not connecting

Hey,
I’m trying to connect the dock. The orange led is blinking. The remote finds it, I enter name, password and wifi connection.
Then the orange led changes between a few colors, and the twice white, and the turns off.
The remote keeps showing the loading. after a few seconds, the remote says Error Time Out. The dock hasn’t been added.

How can it be solved?

Had this happen once, did a reset on the dock (power off and press small button on the bottom for 10 sec)

Didn’t help in my case

Have you ever checked to see if the dock was added anyway? I also remember error messages during this process. But the dock was added later.

I checked, and it wasn’t added… no idea what to do

Someone on Discord also wasn’t able to pair the remote with the dock but only when he first turned on the remote and then the dock. It only worked the other way around.

Is your Wifi configured to only let defined MAC addresses in?

Does adding the dock work with an ethernet cable?

I’m also having this issue - it just won’t pair on first time setup

In my case everything seems to work fine, and the dock was shooting off IR commands last time I tried. But I had learned from the get go to keep the remote in the dock while running the Web configurator. One odd thing, though. When I look at the client list in my router I see the remote 2, but nothing else identifiable as R2 related. Is the name of it some unidentifiable string? There are a few of those. I guess I’ll worry about it if there is a problem.

My docks were displayed in my router as esp32…

Thanks. I found that too. One less thing I need to worry about.

I still can’t get the dock to connect. I can’t get into the configurator. Tried using the server address and the IP address. The former says site can’t be reached (server’s ip address could not be found) and the latter gives the error 404 page not found. I see the remote’s IP listed in my router; dock too (it is the esp32…). I tried to ping the remote from the command line of windows, and it times out. I tried to ping the dock and it returns saying “Destination host unreachable” and times out. I can successfully ping my samsung tablet, my firetv stick, etc.

There is nothing to configure on the dock. Everything runs via the remote control. The web configurator is best accessed via the IP of the remote control. The remote control must be awake, it is best to place it in the dock so that it charges, then there are no timeouts.

2 Likes