Custom Icon/UI Features

The current custom icon and ui implementation is proving frustrating. I almost wrote this as a bug but it’s really a feature request so I refrained.

1. There should be a ton more icons, the existing ones are extremely limited.
  2. Some guidelines on what line thickness and size an icon should have would be useful for trying to match the current UI style
  3. The 90x90 icon size limitation doesn’t play well with larger ui buttons. They end up very blurry which looks out of place when the rest of the UI is super sharp on the nice screen.
  4. The Web Configuration view and view on the actual remote doesn’t match, at all (There’s a bug report on this already) but just wanted to note it as it makes designing a UI difficult.
  5. Some icons look massive next to other icons despite their sizes being the same an icon size slider in the Configuration UI would be nice (especially once item 4 is fixed)
  6. The text button option is nice, but I’m wondering if it’s possible to also add a text only button (i.e. just the ability to add “non clickable/pressable” text to the UI.
  7. Related back to the 90x90 icon size limitation. Why not allow SVG icons? That way they’ll look sharp in the UI regardless of size.
3 Likes

The ability to use MDI icons would be amazing too.

3 Likes

Or even if they could figure out a deal with Font Awesome who’ve got an even bigger library of icons, that’s what I’ve been using so far but it requires converting the beautiful SVG ones into PNGs.

2 Likes

It would be nice to have icons that change colour. for example when light are on to yellow or any other colour

2 Likes