Can't connect dock, can't access configurator

So far, i have to say this remote is not good. Things don’t work, the documentation is very bad, and the only way to contact support is to send an email.

Like others i cannot get the remote to connect to the dock. I’ve powered off, rebooted and factory reset the remote several times. I’ve reset the dock many times. The remote always times out trying to connect to the dock. I’m using 2.4g wifi. I’ve disabled firewall and anitvirus on my pc. I can log into my router and see the remote and it’s IP address.

I’ve read to use the web configurator. Well, i cannot connect to that either. I’ve tried using the server name and the IP address of the remote. The former says site can’t be reached (server’s ip address could not be found) and the latter gives the error 404 not found page.

It is so disappointing to pay this much for a product and find it doesn’t work. From what i’ve read on here, many others have had major issues also.

Does anyone from Unfolded Circle read these posts and try to help? Not from what I’ve seen.

Can someone please help?

Thank you!

I had the exact same problem as you. What solved it for me was to turn off all other Bluetooth devices nearby.

Did you already have a look at the following doc from user Mark-giomania?

It might also be usefull to have a look at the discord channel…

The document assumes you can get into the configurator. I cannot get into the configurator either via server name or ip address. The former says site can’t be reached (server’s ip address could not be found) and the latter gives the error 404 page not found. I see the ip address for the remote in my router.

Here’s what I’ve tried to get the configurator to work:
• Web configurator is enabled on the remote.
• I’ve tried using the server name http://RemoteTwo-d017696b7c27.local/configurator. I get Site can’t be reached. Server’s IP address could not be found.
• I’ve tried using the IP address shown on the remote. I get the Error 404 not found page with the text nginx/1.18.0.
• I’m using 2.4g wifi
• I’ve disabled firewall and anitvirus on my pc.
• I’ve tried using Chrome, Edge, Brave browsers.
• I can log into my router and see the remote and it’s IP address. I see the dock’s IP address too, if it really is the exp32… device).
• I tried to ping the remote from the command line of windows, and it times out.
• I tried to ping the dock and it returns saying Destination host unreachable and times out.
• I can successfully ping my samsung tablet, my firetv stick and other clients listed in my router.
• I’ve tried resetting the dock, resetting the remote many times.
• I’ve tried all of the above over multiple days.

Have you tried http://ip-address/configurator/#/

I finally got into the web configurator. I was so frustrated by all that was going on, trying all sorts of things, then I realized at some point the remote was not on the dock. I put it on the dock and the configurator came up (using the IP address) after about 45 seconds. I had read in the document that you need to make sure the remote doesn’t time out or keep it in the dock. Well, I tried before with it in the dock, but I’m pretty sure it was before several of the other steps listed above that I tried. I always kept my eye on the remote when trying to log into the configurator, and the remote wasn’t timing out. So, I’m sorry, but I don’t know for sure out of all the steps I tried above, which were the ones that worked.

If you can’t get into the configurator, try all the steps and always leave the remote on the dock when connecting to the configurator to be sure.

Now, I still can’t connect to the dock using the configurator. During this process, I connected the remote to a different 2.4g network. Then, at some point, i moved the dock over to be near my pc work area. Now the dock won’t appear in my client list in my router. It’s like it won’t connect to the network. The blue light continuously blinks fast on the dock. I’m going to try to reset both the remote and dock and start over.